- Dr. Ryan Valdez (PhD, 2015) received the 2017 Mason Distinguished Alumni Award for the College of Science. Read the post here: http://esp.gmu.edu/2017/05/dr-ryan-valdez-phd-15-receives-2017-distinguished-alumni-award/
- Jennifer Mickelberg (PhD, 2011) has been promoted to Senior Director of Collections and Conservation at Zoo Atlanta. She has been with Zoo Atlanta as the Curator of Primates since 2012. Her new positions begins on April 4, 2016.
- Cynthia Warrick (PhD, 1999) has been appointed Interim President of South Carolina State University.
- Linda Abbott (MS, 1981) has been selected as the Director of the Office of Risk Assessment and Cost-Benefit Analysis by Joseph Glauber, Chief Economist of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- J. Paige Rothenberger (MS, 2004) was elected to the Vice Chair position for the U.S. All Islands Coral Reef Committee. Previously, in February 2010, she was appointed to represent the Caribbean Region on the Governance Coordinating Committee of the White House’s National Ocean Council.
- Paul Lewis (PhD, 2004) will be leaving the National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB) as Executive Director to lead the Chemical Information and Testing Branch at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). During his tenure, the NSABB has issued several critical reports fostering a culture of responsibility and promoting outreach and education on the dual use research issue. This, in addition to the Board’s ongoing activities, is evidence of the Board’s success and its continued importance.
Back to News