PLEASE TAKE OUR SURVEY new https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HskPaXZ11oIp3vCwwmBAVGZf6XyJuh_WAC_iVdodpXo/edit
This survey is for current students to get your input about the types of activities and events you like, what you would like to see in the future, and how you would like to get involved.
Thank you from ESP-GSA
ESP GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION
The ESP-GSA is a GMU organization, open to all graduate students in the ESP department as well as any graduate student interested in environmental science and environmental policy. Download a membership application and join today! The ESP-GSA also puts together the Graduate Student Handbook for ESP, a very useful resource. Updated version coming soon
If you missed the Spring 2017 ESPGSA Graduate Student Orientation, you may click on the presentation slideshow to catch up.
- To foster a sense of community
- To increase communication within the ESP department and with other GMU departments
- To advocate for graduate student interests and concerns
- To provide a unified voice for members
- To provide extracurricular activities and have fun!
- To provide special academic events relevant to student interests
- To showcase graduate student achievements
- To foster graduate student and faculty interaction
GSA Committee 2016-17
President: Rachel Golden Kroner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Casey Pehrson (email@example.com)
Secretary: Betsy Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Blake Klocke (email@example.com)
Student Rep: Elly Roland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Chair: Tovah Siegel (email@example.com)
Our general email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Chris Parsons
Join our Facebook group to follow updates about the ESP-GSA, events, & more! Search for “GMU ESP GSA” in Facebook to be added to the group.
EVENTS (usually during the fall and spring semesters)
Mark your calendars!
February 16, 2017: Happy hour at Auld Shebeen, 5:00 – 7:00pm (3971 Chain Bridge Rd)
March 20, 2017: Coffee hour at Gathering Grounds, 5:00 – 7:00pm (10637 Braddock Rd)
April 13, 2017: Happy hour at Brion’s Grille, 5:00- 7:00pm (10621 Braddock Rd)
May: Annual winery event (details TBA)
To learn more about the ESP-GSA, visit our website. Also, please join the ESP-GSA Facebook group. This is the best way to receive updates about events, job postings, and other resources: https://www.facebook.com/groups/espgsa/
If paying by cash: Please submit payment in person to any member of the ESP-GSA board.
If paying by check: Please write “ESP-GSA Dues” on your check. Mail check to:
ESP-GSA c/o Barbara Campbell
Office of Student Involvement
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax VA 22030
RULES FOR ESP-GSA CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATIONS!
ESP-GSA will review applications for Conference Travel Grants in October and April of every year. Applicants can apply both before travel and after travel but will not be reimbursed until after returning from travel.
Who is eligible?
Current ESP-GSA members (current members are defined as those who have attended at least 1 event this semester and paid dues this semester — $10 per semester before the application due date) in good standing with the Association and with the University, and who will attend a conference or workshop in support of their academic progress.
For conferences occurring April 1 to September 30, submit applications by April 1. For conferences occurring between October 1 and April 1, submit ESP-GSA travel grant applications by October 1.
New applicants will be given priority over repeat applicants. Applicants presenting research are given priority.
What is it?
Up to $250 in financial assistance for ESP-GSA members to attend a conference.
When can I apply?
Applications are due April 1 and October 1 of each year.
How can I apply?
1) Fill in the travel grant application form and submit supporting documentation AND
2) Email your application to the current ESP-GSA Treasurer and CC to email@example.com to ensure that your application is promptly received.
Consider applying so the ESP-GSA can help fund your conference travel!
HOW TO ADD THE ESP GSA CALENDAR TO YOUR PERSONAL GOOGLE CALENDAR
1) Open your Google Calendar in your web browser.
2) On the bar on the left side of the screen below your Calendar(s) you will see a drop down of “Other Calendars”
3) Click on the arrow on the RIGHT of the “Other Calendars” drop-down (the arrow on the left will simply open/close the menu of these calendars).
4) Select “Add by URL”
5) paste this link into the window that pops up https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ujevaki1ifbklehteqq9t7bf80%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
6) If you wish to add the webinar calendar follow the same procedure and use this link