Save the date! ESP Graduate Programs Q&A Info Session

The Department of Environmental Science and Policy will be hosting a Graduate Program Question & Answer Information Session for new and returning graduate students as well as faculty who advise graduate students.

We will be answering questions such as “How do I get paid if I receive funding?,” What are the required number of credits to be considered a full-time student?,” “Do I need to complete my coursework before I sign up for EVPP 998?,” and “How do I know if my course will be considered a methods, natural science, policy, or seminar requirement?” This is your chance to review the Guidelines and Timelines (choose MS or PhD) and make a list of your own questions to ask!

This session is designed to give you guidelines and timelines that will help both you and your advisor advance quickly through the program.  Leading this Q&A Session will be Dr. Robert Jonas, ESP Chair.   In addition, Dr. Albert Torzilli (Director, ESP Graduate Programs), Dr. Larry Rockwood (Director, Biology Undergraduate Program), Sharon Bloomquist (ESP Graduate Programs Coordinator), Joanne Zimmerman (Office Manager, Biology Undergraduate Program), ESP Graduate Student Association representatives, and course coordinators for the Biology Undergraduate Program and ESP will be available to answer your questions.

This event will take place on August 20, 2013 in the Showcase just to the right of Research Hall.   Please RSVP to attend this event to Sharon Bloomquist at sbloomqu@gmu.edu by August 16, 2013.

Light refreshments will be served at the event.

Important Dates for Students

SPRING 2020 Semester (modified due to COVID-19)

MLK Day (university closed): Jan 20

First day of classes: Jan 21

Spring Break (extended): Mar 9-20

Dissertation/Thesis Deadline: May 8

Last day of classes: May 11

Reading Day(s): May 12

Final Exam Period: May 13-20

University Commencement: May 22 (tentative)

COVID-19 DATE CHANGES – For the complete modified spring calendar, see https://registrar.gmu.edu/calendars/spring-2020/ and for latest COVID-19 updates, see: https://www2.gmu.edu/coronavirus