Announcement: Becker Graduate Fellowship now open – Apply Now
The Fall 2018 Richard and Catherine Becker Graduate Research Fellowship is made possible by a generous gift from the Beckers to the College of Science in November 2016.
Download a PDF of all the information contained below at http://esp.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Becker-Fellowship-Fall-2018-AAA.pdf
Two Graduate Research Fellowships will be awarded to master’s students in the final year of their theses. The Fellowship provides more opportunities for Environmental Science and Policy (ESP) graduate students, enabling them to focus full-time on research and writing, improving their quality of work, and shorten the time to complete their degrees.
The Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants must submit materials to Sharon Bloomquist by February 1, 2018 (see Application Process to the right). Two recipients will be notified by Friday, March 2, 2018.
- Applicants must be enrolled fulltime (6 credits) in the Environmental Science and Policy Master’s program
- Must have maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have a committee established
- Must have a summary of proposed thesis research
- GTA Experience is desirable
- Grant amount: $30,882.00
- $24,000 stipend annually (20 hours/week $18,000 Academic Year, $6,000 Summer term)
- Tuition amount: $6,882 (12 credits of in-state credits / year)
Students must submit the following materials by 5 pm, Thursday, February 1, 2018:
- Abstract: A summary of thesis research (no more than ½ page)
- Progress made to date and plan for completion within the award timeline (no more than ½ page)
- Letter of Recommendation from the student’s advisor to be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Graduate Program Office in DK 3039.
Complete applications should be emailed to Sharon Bloomquist of the ESP Graduate Office at email@example.com by 5 pm, Thursday, February 1, 2018. Please copy Dr. Aguirre at firstname.lastname@example.org when you send your application to Sharon.
Alonso Aguirre, DVM, PhD, Department Chair
Environmental Science and Policy, email@example.com
Sharon Bloomquist, Graduate Program Manager
Environmental Science and Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org