Spring and Summer Becker 2019 Graduate Fellowship – Apply Now
To apply: Follow instructions on the flyer: https://esp.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Becker-Fellowship-2019-Spring-Summer-09282018.pdf
Deadline: 5:00 pm, November 1, 2018
The Richard and Catherine Becker Graduate Research Fellowship is made possible by a generous gift from the Beckers to the College of Science in November 2016:
Two Graduate Research Fellowships will be awarded to ESP Master’s students in the final year of their theses. The Fellowship provides more opportunities for Environmental Science and Policy (ESP) graduate students enabling them to focus full time on research and writing, improving quality of work, and shorten the time to complete their degrees.
Thesis Research Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants must submit materials to Susan Cheselka firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2018 (see Application Process on the flyer). Two recipients will be notified by December 1, 2019.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time (6 credits) in the Environmental Science and Policy Master’s program
- Must have maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have a committee established
- Must have a summary of proposed thesis research
- GTA Experience is desirable
Preference will be given to students expressing interest in how human populations impact environmental sustainability.
- Grant amount: $15,000
- $15,000 (20 hours/week $9,000 Spring semester / $6000 Summer term)
- Tuition waiver (6 credits of in-state credits / Spring semester)