2019-20 Becker Graduate Research Assistantship – Now Accepting Applications
To apply: Follow instructions on the CURRENT flyer: https://esp.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/01082019_Becker-Fellowship-revised-for-2019.pdf
Deadline: 5:00pm, Friday, February 15, 2019
The Catherine and Richard Becker Graduate Research Fellowship is made possible by a generous gift from the Beckers to the College of Science in November 2016:
Two Graduate Research Fellowships will be awarded to master’s students for the academic year 2019-2020. The Fellowship enables a more inclusive graduate academic experience – incorporating learning, teaching and research – by providing more opportunities for Environmental Science and Policy (ESP) graduate students to serve as Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) and Graduate Research Assistants (GSAs).
The Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants must submit materials to Susan Cheselka (email@example.com) by 5:00pm Friday, February 15, 2019.
Two recipients will be notified by Monday, April 1, 2019.
- Applicants must have applied to, or be already enrolled in, the Environmental Science and Policy M.S. program
- Will serve at least one semester as a GTA
- Must have maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have an advisor
Preference will be given to students expressing interest in how human populations impact environmental sustainability.
- $24,000 stipend annually (20 hours/week $18,000 Academic Year, $6000 Summer term)
- Tuition waiver: 12 credits of in-state credits / year