Below are all the videos and short films that feature current and former ESP department faculty and students, collected here for easy reference. ESP faculty are linked to their bio pages on this website.
- Lightning talks by Dr. Chris Parsons for Earth Day 2016 and 2017
So you want to be a Jedi? Tips for scientists wanting advocate for their science
How simply changing animal names can impact conservation concern
- Dr. Lee Talbot giving remarks on Capitol Hill at a special reception during the 45th anniversary event of the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) of 1972.
- Mason Students in the Field – GMU video featuring faculty and students from ESP and PEREC.
- One Health Video featuring Dr. Alonso Aguirre, who appears at approximately 1:33
- Mason Pond Wetlands video from GMU-TV
- TEDxGeorgeMasonU talk by Dr. Changwoo Ahn
- The Making of the Rain Project, featuring Dr. Changwoo Ahn
- Short film featuring Dr. Alonso Aguirre that appeared in the post Provost Multidisciplinary Research Initiative Is Funded
- ESP doctoral candidate Milton Muldrow, Jr. in TEDxDover video
- ESP Undergraduates at the 2015 College of Science convocation
- Dr. Dann Sklarew plays his part in educating Virginia elementary school teachers.
- GULF OF MEXICO HISTORIC SHIPWRECKS HELP SCIENTISTS UNLOCK MYSTERIES OF DEEP-SEA ECOSYSTEMS. Ongoing research in the shipwreck/microbiomes/corrosion study by Dr. Leila Hamdan, Dr. Jennifer Salerno and the GOM-SCHEMA team is featured in a video by AGU below.
- Check out this segment of the local NBC Washington Channel 4 news on Friday, May 22, 2015, featuring associate professor Dr. Changwoo Ahn and some students from his spring 2015 EVPP 378 Ecological Sustainability course.
- Featuring Mason faculty guests from ESP, CHEM, PEREC and AOES:
Dr. Kim de Mutsert, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Science and Policy, George Mason University
Dr. Gregory (Greg) Foster, Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, George Mason University
Dr. Thomas (Tom) B. Huff, Director, The Shared Research Instrumentation Facility, Potomac Environmental Research and Education Center, George Mason University
Dr. Daniel (Dann) M. Sklarew, Associate Professor, Department of Environmental Science and Policy, George Mason University
Dr. Randolph (Randy) A. McBride, Associate Professor, Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic, & Earth Sciences, George Mason University
- A video of the National Youth Delegates for the 2012 Washington Youth Summit on the Environment visited the SMSC and SCBI in Front Royal, VA.
- Dr. Changwoo Ahn has been working on the Wetland Mesocosm Compound since August 2007. Located behind the softball field on the Fairfax Campus, the compound allows students and faculty to experiment with simulated wetland environments by adding nutrients, water and other elements to each individual mesocosm, which is a plastic tub containing a plant’s environment.
- The Ahn Wetland Ecosystem Laboratory compound on Mason’s West Campus in Fairfax provides outdoor research opportunities for students.