Specific internship announcements will be posted here. Please check back regularly for updates.
National Zoo – ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR AND REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY INTERNSHIP
See job description below:
Leesylvania State Park
Two Positions available:
Park Interpreter Assistant – Volunteers help interpreters with park programs and activities, field trips, and caring for small animals, such as turtles kept onsite in tanks and cages. We are looking for help on weekends and occasionally on the weekdays.
Park Visitation Analyst – Volunteers will help develop a new marketing strategy to help increase guest visitation, promote environmental education programs, and promote citizen science/stewardship awareness.
If you interested in these positions please contact Sarah Percival at Sarah.Percival@dcr.virginia.gov or call (703) 583-1571.
INTERNSHIP FOR CREDIT
Internships (EVPP 894) may be taken for credit for students admitted to our degree programs. Work must be Environmental Science and Policy related work. Supervisors must have a terminal degree or the student must be supervised by someone with a PhD. Students must complete an Internship Contract and submit it to the Graduate Office to be considered for an internship and give it to the host supervisor for signature. Once the host supervisor has agreed to the internship, the student should give the “Supervision of Internships” handout to the host supervisor. After careful review by the Graduate Program Director, the student will be registered by the Graduate Office. When the student has completed the internship and the written material has been graded by the host supervisor, the host supervisor must email the Graduate Program Director with a grade.
General links to ongoing opportunities
- Mosquito and Forest Pest Management, Environmental Services Division, Prince William County Public Works (seasonal/summer opportunities)
- Environmental Science
- National Council for Science and the Environment
- National Museum of Natural History, Internship opportunities
- National Science Foundation – Research Experience for Undergraduates
- The Nature Conservancy
- World Wildlife Fund
- Office of Fellowships and Internships, Smithsonian
- Property and Environment Research Center
- Resources for the Future, Fellowships and Internships
- U.S. Green Building Council (scroll down to the bottom for available internships)
- US Environmental Protection Agency, National Network for Environmental Management Studies
- Conservation Job Board (Environmental career website profiling the latest jobs in fields related to conservation)
- University Career Services
Mason’s University Career Services office offers a wealth of job-related services including job searching strategies, job/internship fairs, and negotiation strategies.
EcoJobs contains information on a variety of employment opportunities in numerous locations. You will need a user ID (GMU) and password. Obtain passwords by emailing Mason’s University Career Services office.