Specific internship announcements will be posted here. Please check back regularly for updates.
Virginia Sea Grant
Professional Development – Science Communication Internships
Deadline: May 1, 2018
District Department of the Environment, Government of the District of Colombia
Green Zone Environmental Program GZEP – Paid internships
Please visit: https://doee.dc.gov/node/58752 for available positions, salary, minimum commitments, and to apply.
Part-time Environmental Job Opportunity as a Field Interpreter
Grassy Waters Preserve
West Palm Beach, FL
PAID Environmental Education Summer Internship Program
See below for more information about our paid 8-week college internship program in the Everglades. The attached application lists the requirements and stipend details. Learn more information about canoeing, dipnetting and other hands-on environmental education activities that you will assist with at: http://wpb.org/grassywaters/school_program_descriptions-php
Download the GWP the program flyer
Download the GWP the internship application
If you have any questions about the internship or the application, please email Mary Crider at email@example.com
INTERNSHIP FOR CREDIT
Internships (EVPP 894) may be taken for credit for students admitted to our degree programs. Work must be Environmental Science and Policy related work. Supervisors must have a terminal degree or the student must be supervised by someone with a PhD. Students must complete an Internship Contract and submit it to the Graduate Office to be considered for an internship and give it to the host supervisor for signature. Once the host supervisor has agreed to the internship, the student should give the “Supervision of Internships” handout to the host supervisor. After careful review by the Graduate Program Director, the student will be registered by the Graduate Office. When the student has completed the internship and the written material has been graded by the host supervisor, the host supervisor must email the Graduate Program Director with a grade.
General links to ongoing opportunities
- Environmental Science
- National Council for Science and the Environment
- National Museum of Natural History, Internship opportunities
- National Science Foundation – Research Experience for Undergraduates
- The Nature Conservancy
- World Wildlife Fund
- Office of Fellowships and Internships, Smithsonian
- Property and Environment Research Center
- Resources for the Future, Fellowships and Internships
- U.S. Green Building Council (scroll down to the bottom for available internships)
- US Environmental Protection Agency, National Network for Environmental Management Studies
- Conservation Job Board (Environmental career website profiling the latest jobs in fields related to conservation)
- University Career Services
Mason’s University Career Services office offers a wealth of job-related services including job searching strategies, job/internship fairs, and negotiation strategies.
EcoJobs contains information on a variety of employment opportunities in numerous locations. You will need a user ID (GMU) and password. Obtain passwords by emailing Mason’s University Career Services office.