- Career Opportunities
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROFESSIONAL CAREER NETWORK
- ESP Departmental Award Winners
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Students
Specific internship announcements will be posted here, mainly during the fall and spring semesters. Please check back regularly for updates.
Please like the following Facebook pages for more opportunities:
VIRGINIA SEA GRANT
Current internships: https://vaseagrant.org/professional-development/internships/
Handshake by University Career Services
Mason’s source for on-campus jobs, internships, employment advice, and career fair details.
Log in and complete your account profile in order to take advantage of all that Handshake has to offer.
INTERNSHIP FOR UNDERGRADUATE CREDIT
Please see this post: https://esp.gmu.edu/2018/01/spotlight-on-evpp-494-internship/
INTERNSHIP FOR GRADUATE CREDIT
Internships (EVPP 894) may be taken for credit for students admitted to our degree programs. Work must be Environmental Science and Policy related work. Supervisors must have a terminal degree or the student must be supervised by someone with a PhD. Students must complete an Internship Contract and submit it to the Graduate Office to be considered for an internship and give it to the host supervisor for signature. Once the host supervisor has agreed to the internship, the student should give the “Supervision of Internships” handout to the host supervisor. After careful review by the Graduate Programs Director, the student will be registered for EVPP 894 by the Graduate Office. When the student has completed the internship and the written material has been graded by the host supervisor, the host supervisor must email the Graduate Programs Director with a grade.
General links to ongoing opportunities
- Environmental Science
- National Council for Science and the Environment
- National Museum of Natural History, Internship opportunities
- National Science Foundation – Research Experience for Undergraduates
- The Nature Conservancy
- World Wildlife Fund
- Office of Fellowships and Internships, Smithsonian
- Property and Environment Research Center
- Resources for the Future, Fellowships and Internships
- U.S. Green Building Council (scroll down to the bottom for available internships)
- US Environmental Protection Agency, National Network for Environmental Management Studies
- Conservation Job Board (Environmental career website profiling the latest jobs in fields related to conservation)