- Career Opportunities
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROFESSIONAL CAREER NETWORK
- ESP Departmental Award Winners
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Students
ESP Webinar Guide now available!
As of January 2017, the ESP department supports a GoToMeeting webinar account subscription. This service enables remote participation in departmental seminars, meetings, orientations, graduate student defenses, and other activities. The GSA has developed a user-friendly webinar guide to enable all ESP graduate students, faculty, post-docs, and staff to use the service. If you would like to use the webinar service, please review the guide and email us with any comments or questions (email@example.com).
ESP GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION
The ESP-GSA is a GMU organization, open to all graduate students in the ESP department as well as any graduate student interested in environmental science and environmental policy. Download a membership application and join today! The ESP-GSA also puts together the Graduate Student Handbook for ESP, a very useful resource. This is the updated version (February 2017).
If you missed the Spring 2018 ESP-GSA Graduate Student Orientation, please click below to catch up:
- Presentation slideshow (.pptx)
- To foster a sense of community
- To increase communication within the ESP department and with other GMU departments
- To advocate for graduate student interests and concerns
- To provide a unified voice for members
- To provide extracurricular activities and have fun!
- To provide special academic events relevant to student interests
- To showcase graduate student achievements
- To foster graduate student and faculty interaction
GSA Committee 2018 – 2019
President: Sarah Farinelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Betsy Collins (email@example.com)
Secretary: Tovah Siegel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Meadhbh Molloy (email@example.com)
Student Rep: Sara Marriott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Chair: Sammie Alexander (email@example.com)
Our general email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Esther Peters
Also, please join the ESP-GSA Facebook group. This is the best way to receive updates about events, job postings, and other resources: https://www.facebook.com/groups/espgsa/
EVENTS (only during the fall and spring semesters)
We accept membership dues by cash or check. You may submit forms and dues in person to any member of the ESP-GSA board, mail them to our new address, or place them in our department mailbox.
New Mailing Address
To pay dues by check, please make checks out to “George Mason University” and write “ESP-GSA” in the memo line. You can drop forms and checks off at the ESP main office (during business hours) or mail checks to:
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
List of previous Travel Grant Award Recipients (PDF).
RULES FOR ESP-GSA CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATIONS!
ESP-GSA will review applications for Conference Travel Grants in October and April of every year. Applicants must apply before travel and will not be reimbursed until after returning from travel. Students who receive funding are responsible for managing the travel reimbursement process and filling out paperwork in a timely manner (with our help if needed) or else funding will not be provided.
Who is eligible?
Current ESP-GSA members, who have paid dues for the current semester before the application deadline, who are in good standing with the Association and with the University, and who will attend a conference or workshop in support of their academic progress (e.g. giving a talk, poster, or workshop). Preference will be given to active GSA members who have attended at least one event in the past year.
For conferences occurring between May 5 and October 27, submit applications by April 1.
For conferences occurring between October 28 and May 4, submit applications by October 1.
New applicants will be given priority over repeat applicants. Applicants presenting research are given priority.
What is it?
Up to $250 in financial assistance for ESP-GSA members to attend a conference.
When can I apply?
Applications are due April 1 and October 1 of each year.
How can I apply?
1) Fill in the travel grant application form —>choose one (PDF) or (Word) and submit required supporting documentation AND
2) Email your application to the current ESP-GSA Treasurer and CC to email@example.com to ensure that your application is promptly received.
Consider applying so the ESP-GSA can help fund your conference travel!
*Note that additional funding for GMU students is available through the Graduate Student Travel Fund. http://gstf.gmu.edu/
HOW TO ADD THE ESP GSA CALENDAR TO YOUR PERSONAL GOOGLE CALENDAR
1) Open your Google Calendar in your web browser.
2) On the bar on the left side of the screen below your Calendar(s) you will see a drop down of “Other Calendars”
3) Click on the arrow on the RIGHT of the “Other Calendars” drop-down (the arrow on the left will simply open/close the menu of these calendars).
4) Select “Add by URL”
5) paste this link into the window that pops up https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ujevaki1ifbklehteqq9t7bf80%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
6) If you wish to add the webinar calendar follow the same procedure and use this link